Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Linksys WRT54GS wireless router occasionally drops to 1.0 Mbps and stays there.

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 08:19:08 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

For home users, the other end of the scale is an Asus RT-AC68Uv2.
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/

Oops. I goofed. That should be for an RT-AC68P, not U.
http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68P/
The FCC site has it listed as RT-AC68V2.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32609-asus-rt-ac68p-dual-band-wireless-ac1900-gigabit-router-reviewed

The links I previously mentioned are all for the V1 router RT-AC68U.
There are some substantial hardware differences between v1 and v2. V1
is an RT-AC68U, while V2 is an RT-AC68P.
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_RT-AC68P
Some sales web sites are mixing these two with little control over
which one will arrive. Anyway, look for the "P", not "U". This one
worked for me:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320228
Sorry(tm) and caveat emptor.

There is also Asus specific alternative firmware available:
http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about
I haven't tried it yet.

--
Jeff Liebermann