Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ScottWW ScottWW is offline

Default Linksys WRT54GS wireless router occasionally drops to 1.0 Mbps and stays there.

"JW" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 06:07:24 -0700 (PDT) wrote in
Message id: :

Il giorno mercoledì 24 agosto 2016 19:09:15 UTC+2, JW ha scritto:

Checking the update page, there's no firmware updates. Funny, there used
to be... Maybe they pulled the plug on this model?
http://www.linksys.com/us/support-ar...icleNum=148629

there are firmware update, just not from Linksys:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

Thanks. Looks like I have already have the last version ever released by
Linksys.
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54GS_v2.0

I had a WRT54G that required frequent resets right out of the box. The
firmware was up-to-date. Reverting back one version made it much more
stable. Ultimately though, I had to replace it.
Scott