Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Auto phone calls, when the utilities have issue?

On 26/08/2016 11:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I have just replaced our phones, with a set which filters out nuisance
callers, unless they are live callers who can follow a proceedure to get
through.

My new concern is that we sometimes get automated calls from the
electric, gas, flood and water utilities, when they have an issue and we
obviously want these calls to get through - so I need to find out the
numbers they use to ring us from, so I can include them in the list of
accepted numbers.

Has anyone found such a list, or even a proper name for this type of
prerecorded warning phone call?

Try just blocking International and number withheld first and see how
many calls stop. I've found with just these two filters 100% of
unwelcome have been stopped in a period at over 3 months.

This will allow your warning calls through as long as they present a
number. If they don't present a number then you have no way of filtering
them to a white list in any case.

Bank and credit card fraud departments will not reveal from which number
they will call you as its easy for the criminals to spoof a calling number.