michael turner

Default Macrovision hack?

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:26:22 -0400, Chris Phillipo wrote:

In article ,
says...
Feck wrote in message news:tHc2c.717735$ts4.617242@pd7tw3no...
You need a black box usually called an "image stabiliser". My local
electronics store sell them for about $50cad, check the net for mail order
sources.
It goes between the DVD and VCR. Since your unit is an all-in-one, you
might have to copy to a standalone VCR.

(A Better Chungking_Cash) wrote in
om:

I have a Toshiba SD-V290 DVD/VCR Combo. Does anyone have a Macrovision
hack for this player? I would like to make VHS back-up's of existing
and future purchases. ANY help would be much appreciated. Thank-you in
advance.

Well seeing as the DMCA makes universal remote controls, garage door
openers and pretty much anything that allows equipment to be used for
anything it wasn't intended for (like remote control software for Palm
Pilots) illegal, this could get difficult.

Next they will be making "copy-proof" holographic DVD's that *cannot*
be played in any manufactured player if the hologram is missing. From
what I understand, the next upgrade to the DVD standard will also take
out the facility to play DVD-R and DVD-RW, only original burned disks.

-A

Any such attempt will only serve to drive the sale of Chinese made
players through the roof,

Virtually *all* DVD players are Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese made.

as if they weren't killing american
manufacturers already.

What American manufacturers ? RCA, Magnavox? most of their stuff is made
in the far-east these days.

I bet it's very difficult to find a DVD player that is actually
made in the USA.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)