Posted to alt.home.repair
Will[_11_] Will[_11_] is offline

Default OT - Amtrak Sure Doesn't Hire Mensa Members

On 08/25/2016 08:22 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
In an earlier thread I brought up the stupid wording that Amtrak uses in their announcement
about where bags are "not allowed" to be stowed. Here's another gem from their website...

If you check the status of a train that is running late, they will give you the new estimated
departure time. They also include the following statement:

"When trains are late, we suggest you arrive at your departure station prior to the estimated
arrival or departure time."

I'm glad they told me that. I might have planned to arrive *after* the estimated departure
time so I could watch the ass end of the train roll off into the distance.

Every time I've taken a train it's been late...late departing and even later arriving.
Don't even get me started on the food service. You'd have to be a masochist to take the train.
Good grief!