Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Sealer tape

On 8/25/2016 8:24 AM, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
On 25/08/2016 06:11, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:45:41 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

I have already applied sealant around the joint strip, and don't
really want to add more, but I wondered if anyone has experience
of a suitable sealant strip (eg Sylglas) I could apply over the
whole joint?

There is something called "Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure". If
it does
what it says on the website, this is for you -- but I know nothing of
it beyond
what it says there. I know of this Cure only because I did not believe
there was
actually a product of that name...

Thomas Prufer

It's good stuff (despite the unlikely name).
I used it to keep the rain outside my elderly Moggie Traveller for five
years or so - it's a very thin liquid that wicks its way into small gaps
and sets to form a seal.
Also very handy for sealing old stained-glass windows where the putty
has dried out and the client doesn't want to pay for a better solution!
Adrian

+1, I used it successfully on (IIRC) a Citroen CX windscreen.