Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Blowtorch powered fire lighter

On 22/08/2016 19:39, David wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 12:18:25 -0700, misterroy wrote:

Tonight I was going to have smoked mackrel for tea, but I cant get the
smoker lit. I have looked online before, but havent found a powerful
enough lighter, I want a long reach one with a flame like a blowtorch.
thanks

I have a long reach Lidl weed burner which uses gas cartridges.
Of course they aren't on sale at the moment so you would have to wait up
to 6 months.
I think you missed them by about 1.5 months.

Something similar to
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Range-WEED-...ers-Butane/dp/
B008CIT3MS

Very useful for lighting BBQs, wood burning stoves and the like.

Google for "weed wand" and you will find loads on eBay.

Cheers

Dave R

Are they any good for their proclaimed purpose? Do they really burn
weeds effectively?

My experience of weed burning was in 1962 when my father used a
paraffin-fuelled device which wouldn't look amiss on roadworks.

--
Rod