Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ICE engined cars to be banned in Netherlands?

On 24/08/16 18:16, Nightjar wrote:
On 24-Aug-16 10:41 AM, NY wrote:
Really? Gosh, it shows how technology has advanced since the days of the
E Type Jag - what was once a rarity, only available on an expensive
sports cars, is now commonplace...

Plus, of course, very much better fuel consumption. The claimed figure
for the 4.2 litre E type was 17 mpg. My car tells me it has averaged
37.3 mpg since new and I am not a particularly economical driver.

Someone did a number on an E-type. Electronic ignition,. fuel injection
electric water pumps and fans...IIRC got around 37mpg...