Posted to alt.home.repair
Heaven bound. Heaven bound. is offline

Default Sharing well and pump--how much should we charge?

replying to hallerb, Heaven bound. wrote:
Seems the main question everyone is answering is about the actual pump and
lines supplied by the seller. Are you to assume cost of a new pump since the
seller of the land paid for the well? If not then basic electricity is all I
would charge. As far as the pressure tank you installed does it backfeed into
their supply line? If so then they will rep the benefits of it as well. My
wife's parents are on our well also and I hear my pump kick on a lot when we
are not using water. But they are family so I'm glad to help their situation.
Should have bought one big bladder tank and put it at the well for both
houses. Hope this helps.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ge-290676-.htm