Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KenO KenO is offline

Default Recommendations for Failed Samsung Power Supply?

ohg,

"There's no "design" issue involved with your particular failure. It's a simple full wave bridge and bypass filter."

Thank you for the clarification.

Since this is an inexpensive TV do not want to over do things so the Panasonic is not cost effective.

You have way more experience than I do so when you say "the cap in your TV was likely just a bad run of caps at least..." I believe you!

Am thinking about using a Nichicon replacement and have not found any problems with this brand.

Any experience with them? and last is it even cost effective to upgrade any aspect of original 47uF 160V 105C cap?

Thanks again for your comments!