Aaron Kentucky

Default tek 465b scope problem

Hi,

I'm relatively new to electronics...
I've got a tek 465b that has been working fine for about 8 months.
The other day without any sort of warning the crt failed to come on
when I started it. It still triggers, but I see nothing even when I
press the beam find button. I also happen to have another 465b from a
sour ebay transaction which has no horiz scan.

Is it beyond the capability of someone like myself to swap the crt
following some careful instructions? I know there are high voltages
involved.

Is it worth it to have a professional do this or should I just forget
about the old scope and consider buying something new? I'm starting
to realize that ebay may not be the best place for scopes...

Any opinions?

Thanks,
aaron