Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.

On 08/23/2016 8:40 AM, G. Ross wrote:

I still have my first tool box. It is 7 x 14 inches, made by Union Steel
Chest Corp., LeRoy, N.Y. It had a curved or domed lid. The lid is
crumpled down by my first daughter standing on it to watch me work. She
is now 54.

While not "mine" in same since still have and use a couple that were
grandfather's, dating to at least 1914 which is when he and his brother
settled on the place here; had been renting farm ground earlier so it's
likley they came with him rather than were new at the time...

Several wrench sets are still mostly around and a set of Craftsman pipe
dies and another tap and die set date to probably the '20s...

--

---