Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Win7 question

trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 9:45:53 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 8:40:44 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
The wife has a Lenovo laptop with Win7Pro 64 bit on it , and an
unfamiliar "icon" has popped up at the bottom center of her display
. It's a black square with a symbol that looks like a capital D
laid on it's face with a fan of lines coming out of the curved
part . It has a single angled line across the icon , like the "no
parking/no whatever" symbol . I thought it might be an indicator
that the webcam was turned off , but that doersn't seem to be it .
Any idea what this might indicate and how to turn it off ? --
Snag

Did you try clicking on it, left or right button? Can't recall
seeing anything that looks like that.

Clicking on it has no effect , right click brings up the screen
properties window . Restarting did make it gp away , but she has
seen this icon before usually in the lower right hand corner of her
facebook page . --
Snag

Next time it appears there, click on it on FB and see what happens.
I think it was asked already, is this on the lower desktop or in the
task bar at the very bottom?

It's on the desktop .
--
Snag