Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Win7 question

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 07:40:36 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

The wife has a Lenovo laptop with Win7Pro 64 bit on it , and an unfamiliar
"icon" has popped up at the bottom center of her display . It's a black
square with a symbol that looks like a capital D laid on it's face with a
fan of lines coming out of the curved part . It has a single angled line
across the icon , like the "no parking/no whatever" symbol . I thought it
might be an indicator that the webcam was turned off , but that doersn't
seem to be it . Any idea what this might indicate and how to turn it off ?

Look at the top right Page Up key - the blue Function icon -
this is the keyboard lamp - but my T500 Win 8 doesn't show
any indication when it is turned on ...
John T.