Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Lowes Express is Kaput

Lowes opened their Lowes Express here in NJ as an experiment about 4 or 5 years ago. They just closed it. It was a smaller, neighborhood version
of Lowes, similar to a big hardware store. It went into what used to be
a good size supermarket. They had paint, common lumber, electrical
stuff, garden supplies, barbecues, limited appliances, etc. Sadly it
didn't do enough business. I was always surprised at how few people
there were in it. Basically one checkout open and hardly anyone ahead
of you there. So, I guess they won't be opening any more of them.
Unfortunate because it was convenient and you could also get stuff
shipped for store pickup to there, return stuff from other Lowes, etc.