edee em

Default Old Sony ccd-tr96 giving "warning"

"Mystere" wrote in message
Unfortunately, I think you have a bad LS Chassis on your camera. once
it gives you the error do you have problems getting it to completely
eject the tape?

No, the tape exits no problem. Thanks for the input!

Most likely it is the chassis. They have had alot of
trouble with the ls chassis. Its an expensive part. Approx $80-100.
And you have tape path and back tension alignments alignments to do
once you replace it so it isn't really a user replacement item. sorry
for the news,

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 20:03:39 -0500, "edee em"
wrote:

I have a Sony CCD-TR96 camcorder that has developed a problem:

I start recording and within a minute the unit begins beeping and I see a
black, flashing triangle pointing up in the viewfinder. The owners

manual
refers to this warning as "some other trouble has occurred" warning.

The unit is circa 1997 and I am a few generations behind, but if it
repairable, at a reasonable expense, I would like to do that to put it on
the resale market. Anyone seen this?

Thanks

Edee Em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....