Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_6_] TomR[_6_] is offline

Default Clothes washer leaks water on floor

"TomR" wrote in message
"TomR" wrote in message
"Paul" wrote in message
web.com...
On 8/20/2016 3:47 PM, TomR wrote:
I noticed that it fills up pretty high,
but instead of then draining out and water being pumped out before it
starts
spinning, it starts spinning right away.

Either a bad timer or water level pressure switch.

Thanks. If it's a bad timer, the part costs about $200, so I would
probably just buy a new washer.

But, if it's a bad water level pressure switch, the parts costs about
$32. And this video shows how to replace it -- not too difficult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt49b_bNPD0

P.S. Interesting. I found another video that makes replacing the water
level pressure switch look even easier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3WfRff41E

Plus a video on how to test the water level pressure switch (which I
probably won't do since I don't have the tester anyway):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MxNYWsVSw

Since the water level pressure switch only costs about $32, and today I
confirmed that it is an easy switch-out, I am probably going to just try
replacing that part and see what happens. I'll check at the appliance parts
place near me to see if they have it in stock or need to order it. And,
I'll post back here what happens.

P.S. For some reason, on one of my computers, I can't se my own thread on
this topic. Very strange. I am on my home computer now and I can see it
here.