Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Looking for a particular spacer - bright ideas?

GB wrote
News wrote

I have ordered a pack of 10 at £1.38 including postage.

That's an extraordinary business model.

Yeah, fascinating to watch how that sort of thing is panning out now.

The business owner is taking say 10p worth of product, packing it and
posting it for say 60p, and paying ebay or amazon about 10-20p. Leaving
say 50p profit to pay for labour and overheads.

There are bugger all overheads with a operation like that,
particularly if they do enough volume so the mail operation
shows up every day to take away what needs to be shipped.

Somebody must be working awfully hard to make a living.

Not very hard at all IMO.

What was even more bizarre was a chinese operation that
was flogging some very decent plated nail clippers for just
1c, including postage, from china, presumably to get his
feedback up. When it turned up the jaws didn’t close
properly. I told the seller that and expected to have him
ignore me completely. But no, he apologised profusely
and sent me another which works fine.