Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.

Leon wrote:

But the nice thing about Snap-On and, I think, MATCO is that they have a
mortgage loan officer right there on the sales truck. VERY convenient.

Absolutely! LOL Most mechanics have as much invested in their tools
as they do their homes. ;~)

I was just explaining to a family member just HOW FAR a 3/8" and 1/2"
ratchet set (and sockets), a set of imperial size and metric crescent
wrenches and a set of screw drivers go. You could probably have all of
the above for probably less than $150 (Craftsman). What more do those
fancier names do for you? I mean, there seems to be much decreasing
marginal utility. None of these tools have either broke nor bent, but I
did get a 3/8" ratchet that had issues from the start (it was replaced).
None have the least signs of rust either.