Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Bathroom vanity question (likes & dislikes)

posted for all of us...

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 15:30:07 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

In about 2 weeks there will be a bathroom remodel done here
at my house. One of the replacements will be a new vanity and
I'd like some opinions, please.

I'm looking at traditional vanities with the toe-kick and
also vanities that are resting on feet about 3? inches tall.
Anybody have a vanity with the short little feet and how do
you like it? I've always been used to the toe-kick type but
am open to newer models if I can get a few opinions. Good or
bad, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this type of cabinet.

Yes, I realize one sitting on feet will be a dust bunny
haven but I'd still like your thoughts.

We went another way and hung the counter top from the wall with
nothing on the floor. It makes cleaning up in there a lot easier. That
is also a wall hanger toilet. You can just run the mop everywhere.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/new%20room/Img_3949.jpg

I like this idea. Especially since the OP states it will be a small area.
Much easier to keep clean. Another thing to consider is storage in a vanity..
That can be worked around. It will also be more expensive because the toilet
connection will have to moved to the wall along with the support structure.
Think about what stage of life your family is in when specifying the toilet:
bowl height, shape, accessories. Contact your contractor to let them know
what you are doing if going this way. Avoid late job trauma.

--
Tekkie