Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

Default Extended warranty frustration

I know what has failed and I can fix it for less than a beer token, but
"because it's insured" I'm not allowed to touch it

Have just had an engineer diagnose a "control panel" failure on a 4yr
old appliance. Insurance have agreed to the repair, but there are no
parts at the manufacturer and apparently no lead time. (well none they
are letting on) The part has been modified and they are expecting to
have some, just don't know when.

Just ordered the requisite bits to fix the panel rather than replacing
the whole thing.
Now, how long to wait before I tell SWMBO that I'm fixing it anyway