Jamie

Default BURN-IN on SONY REAR PROJECTION TVs

get a life, burn in is the oldest problem with CRT and that
includes rear projection. any form of CRT will produce burn in
if you leave the same image on it! its common knowledge to those
that know what they are buying ! to others well there you go.!
i really don't think your going to get much support from too many
here. live with it, you bought an expensive unit and now you think you
should get it repaired for free after using it for hours with a single
image stuck on it.
Even a plasma will do that.
you may consider an LCD next time !, they are slightly better on that
area.

A. Dimitri Lascaris wrote:
I undertsand that certain models of Sony Rear Projection televisions suffer
from a defect known as "burn-in" -- when a fixed image (such as a network
logo) is viewed for a prolonged period, the image becomes permanently
imprinted on the TV screen. I also understand that Sony has taken the
position that burn-in is not covered by its warranty. I am therefore
examining legal remedies against Sony for its failure to pay for the repair
of Sony TV's that have sustained burn-in, and I am very interested in
speaking to anyone who has experienced this problem, particularly if you are
a Sony customer who resides in Canada. If you have had this problem, please
email me at .