Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default Looking for a particular spacer - bright ideas?

In message , Nightjar
writes
On 22-Aug-16 9:53 AM, News wrote:

I'm looking for spacers, about 1/2 inch diameter, circular. 1/8th inch
thick with a central hole to clear a 6BA bolt, so roughly 1/10th inch.

It depends how close a fit you want on the 6BA bolt. M3 is slightly
larger, so M3 x 12mm mudguard washers might have the right diameters,
but you would need a stack of four to get the thickness.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was trying to avoid making something,
mainly because I'd bollox it. Having said that, they don't actually
need to be circular, and I have some scrap 1/8th perspex which may
suffice, cut into 1/2 inch squares.

Colin's suggestion is perfect. I knew someone would suggest something I
hadn't thought about. M3 12mm mudguard washers, 1mm thick is great,
because I can experiment with thickness using 2, 3 or possibly 4 at a
time. I have ordered a pack of 10 at £1.38 including postage.

Cheers!
--
Graeme