Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus581 Ignoramus581 is offline

Default Seven years of metalworking. I am humbled

On 2016-08-21, Joe Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

On 2016-08-18, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Boris Mohar fired this volley in
:

https://youtu.be/KWe75FAM8AQ

Hmmm... I see a LOT of work there, but nothing that would 'humble' even
dollar-wage mechanic. It's just a lot of work -- not a thing that could
be
considered especially innovative, or requiring special skills.

The totality of it, all together, is what makes it humbling.

However, I will moderate my praise until I see this boat sail and
operate in real world conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayKOlLhlQsc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TYQZd0HPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdf5iHQnU1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLdXEwhsDiM

and this too

http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/A...ts/MAB1514.pdf

Was it expected to not sink? It's real ugly too, so no loss either there.

This is exactly my sentiment.

I was happy to read that the boat maker went bankrupt due to this
accident. The $10 million boat was a total loss.

I bet the insurance company declined to pay, which is perfectly legal
and expected, given the cause.

They did decline to pay and a big legal battle ensued. Not sure how it
ended.