Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The joys of BT

On 21/08/16 20:19, tony sayer wrote:
My experience of Virgin Media has been pretty good right through from
the days when it was NTL. Outages, unlike those on poor man's broadband,
aka ADSL,

Depends where you live :-)

Our local cable network, which was originally Videotron (Harrow, NW
London), wasn't designed for data, so here equally as "poor man" as BT
repurposing POTS.

Seems Virgin don't look after customers here, cabinets lie open to the
wind / rain, discarded takeaways and vandals, torn strands of coax lie
on pavements. I'm feel like taking a walk and snapping pictures of their
crippled cabinets.

Many here migrate away to Sky claiming cable overcharging and
reliability issues, so that kind of kills Virgin spending money
overhauling it.

I've got friends elsewhere on Virgin cable. Their broadband is solid,
but not here. My advice to anyone considering cable is to ask their
neighbours first!

It was said that the build quality of the original cable networks varied
quite a lot due to location. I believe London was one of the worst. Out
here in Cambridge it was Comcast originally who built it and its been
good too.

Cambridge Cable shirly?