Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to put a new master phone socket

On 21/08/16 09:55, Roger Hayter wrote:
alan_m wrote:

On 20/08/2016 22:06, Tim Streater wrote:

Possibly, possibly. But it was still the fault of the scroats. And they
didn't even get away with the cable - they'd overlooked how to escape
with 400m of 400-pair.

The media probably ensured that similar crimes would continue by
reporting that thieves took copper _worth_ many £100k.

The monetary value they usually quote is the manpower and materials cost
to repair the damage and not the scrap value of what was stolen

Unless you're prepared to spend several days tending an extremely toxic
bonfire I doubt that multipair cable has any scrap value.

Well that's exactly what gippos do.

Lucas Bergkamp