Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to put a new master phone socket

dennis@home wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Crosstalk from other ADSL users is enough to knock that much S/N off any
pair.

Bloody hell TNP got something near correct.

We used to get dismally unreliable 2-3Mbps ADSL until FTTC came here,
mine was the second order to get processed, I got the full 79.9/19.9Mbps
down/up rate (the modem said it could achieve over 120/28 if not
throttled by BT) gradually as more neighbours converted the downstream
sloped off to 72M (still nothing to complain about as that was the
original estimated speed) recently this jumped back to 78.6, I wonder if
vectoring has been enabled to help cancel crosstalk?