Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Stuck Incandescent Bulb

TimR
Sat, 20
Aug 2016 01:25:14 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 5:56:59 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
TimR
Fri,
19 Aug 2016 12:27:52 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

You made the bold claim, with zero evidence.

I didn't think urls supporting what I thought was common knowledge
amongst some home owners and electricians alike was necessary.

If you insist though. (You could easily find this on duckduckgo or
google)

http://www.ehow.com/how_6327421_remo...ht-socket.html

They don't go into intimate details discussing the problems you can
run into, aside from the bulb getting stuck!, but, you can spend a
little more time on google if you'd like and find articles that do
discuss the heat buildup/premature death of bulbs as a result of
being run in corroded sockets.

Bad connections create excesssive heat when used. Excessive heat over
time causes damage. Leading upto premature bulb failure.

Now that I've questioned it, you're attacking me.

Your idea of questioning something differs from mine.

I was asking some questions, but, certainly not attacking you while
doing so. Any particular reason you neglected to answer any of them?

Where is your evidence for your claims in that very very long post
of yours?

I don't recall the post being all that long...
58 lines first post, 52 second post...

The OPs is most likely badly corroded... the bulb seems to really be
stuck inside it. Unwilling to budge according to his last post. the
fixture itself internally is willing to move a bit, but the bulb
still isn't. the socket is done man. replace it. Depending on the age
of the fixture itself, I'd consider replacing the entire thing rather
than focusing on the socket. It's upto the OP though.

The base (not the tip) if wired properly will be the neutral line. If
it's badly corroded, excessive heat will be generated when running
the bulb. This can lead to premature bulb death as I originally
stated. Anywhere you have current flowing with a bad connection is
going to make excessive heat. A little probably won't do much harm.
over time, it'll get worse if something isn't done about it and the
little will turn into enough to cause problems.

If you require more 'proof' consult with a licensed electrician
and/or use a search engine. I do apologize in advance for assuming
this was common knowledge. That was my bad.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That