Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical work in England

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 22:21:05 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 8:32:32 PM UTC-5, cowabunga dude wrote:
Uncle wrote:
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 7:40:31 PM UTC-5, cowabunga dude wrote:
On the subject of stinking. A year ago a company built an oilfield tank battery about 1/2 mile away. I've since learned it stores frac chemicals. There are days that stink lingers over here on days of no wind. The smell can get quite strong indoors.

The people living closer are probably having worse problems.

There is also a oilfield water hauling company that pumps so much water out of the ground that people closer than me are having problems of their water wells going dry.

This whole area is not zoned and unregulated for what you can do on the land.

There is pasture land appx 400 feet away where cattle have been grazing. That smell can be strong, but better tolerated than frac chemicals.

Some other neighbors let their herd of 25+ goats roam unattended during the day, which come here and strip leaves off trees, and get up in juniper trees and break limbs off. At least they were unattended until I started shooting some of their goats. Now they try to keep them off my land. I tried for many years to talk them into controlling the goats. They pretend they don't speak English, which ****es me off because I know they speak English, when they want to.

They're lucky I only use a 22 to shoot the goats and also that I hate goat meat or they'd really wouldn't like it.

Peoples horses, cows and sheep come over and graze and drink water, and I don't have a problem with that because they don't damage trees or shrubs.
How do the goats react to dogs that could run them off? ^_^
[8~{} Uncle Goat Monster

When I had a dog it would bark and run around the goats and they would ignore the dog so bad it was almost neurotic.

Was it a herding dog or just a run of the mill mutt? I had a dog "who" would bite people and animals on the butt to get their attention. He was a big goofy son of a bitch. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Puppy Monster

A headstrong billy goat would have taught the mut a quick lesson -
particularly if working alongside another headstrong Billy