Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to put a new master phone socket

On 20/08/16 18:40, Tim Streater wrote:
Once we were online again, *the two extra punch connections reduced the
speed to about 4.5Mbps*, where it stayed until we got FTTC.

You have absolutely *NO* evidence to support that.

I got from 4.5 to 6Mbps at the cost of coffee and doughnuts because an
engineer selected the quietest pair of lines on the trunk.

Crosstalk from other ADSL users is enough to knock that much S/N off any
pair.

Your speed didn't reduce because of connections, your speed reduced
because in the new cable all the ADSL subscribers were adjacent.

kind word alone.

Al Capone