Matt

Default RCA TV turning off and on

I own an RCA 27" console TV, Model #: G27220TN, Chasis: CTC169CA that was
Manf. on 8/1991. I am having problems when I turn it on, the green light on
the front comes on for about a second, and before the picture comes up, it
shuts itself back off. Then it goes into a cycle of shutting on and off
about once per second, and can last up to 5 minutes before it finally comes
on and stays on. During this period there is a squiggly white line that
shows up on the screen each time it comes on. I did some initial googling
and found that the on/off problem seems to be common among older RCA
televisions, and I am wondering if it is worth repair or if maybe I could
even fix it myself. I noticed a few posts talking about loose solder
connections, in which case if I knew what to check I could probably
re-solder. I know nothing about tv repair, other than don't open it unless
it's been unplugged for 48hrs. This is not a primary TV, so it is really
not a big deal, I'm just curious what I'm looking at for a repair bill. If
it is more than say $50-100, it's really not worth it (I only paid $100 for
it in the first place). But if I could re-solder some connections and get
it back in shape, I would definately try that. Anyone know what is causing
this?

Also, anyone know where I could find some documentation or guides for
repairing this model? Or any safety precautions?

Thanks for any help,
Matt