Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default My porch light no longer turns on

On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 10:34:12 AM UTC-4, GARYWC wrote:
After replacing the light bulb, the switch in the wall and the socket and the wiring within the fixture, my porch light still doesn't turn on.

I suspect that either there's:

1. a problem with the wiring in the switch box in the wall
2. a break or short in the wires between the switch and the fixture.

I have photos of the wiring in the switch box in the wall and the fixture's junction box.

How do I check the wiring?

Get a multimeter or even a cheap neon test light. See where
you have 120V between the hot and neutral and where it ends.