Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Desktop computer question

HerHusband wrote:

The new processor "might" make a slight difference, but I'm betting
there are other bottlenecks slowing down your system. Given your
description, I would lean towards insufficient RAM.

Then again, there may be nothing wrong with your system. You're just
running modern software on an ancient computer.

Anthony Watson

The problem with the RAM situation is that AIUI this is the max a 32 bit
XP install will recognize ... and the modern software/(not quite) ancient
computer is probably closer to the mark . This mobo is capable of 64 bit ,
but as you say , it is pretty old , so I guess maybe it's time to either
build a new unit , maybe go to 7/64 bit , or just live with what I've got .
--
Snag