Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default OT How does my car's AC work?

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 22:43:32 -0700 (PDT), "Ron D."
wrote:

Defrost always runs the compressor though, so in the winter everybody uses it. At least in cars I've had.
=====

in a 1972 Chevelle, the AC and Defrost was linked although it may have been possible that at full hot, the AC got turned off. I can't remember, but i suspect not.

An 82 Celica allowed independent AC compressor on and off and a 2000 Chevy Impala did the same thing.

The 2000 Toyota turns the AC on when the defroster is turned on, but
it can be turned off by pressing the AC button.

The 84, 88, and 95 Lebarons had a separate switch for AC, a mechanical
switch where Off meant Off.

I don't think any of these cars had a MAX setting by that name.