Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The joys of BT

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
Indeed they are. But they operate semi-autonomously, and you can speak
to someone with a Yorkshire accent in Sheffield rather than an Indian
accent in Bangalore!

If you really need a help line that often, find a more reliable service
provider.

I'm on Sky, the only time I have spoken to CS about the broadband was
when they called me to check it was OK after they had done an upgrade.

If I had to report faults more than once every couple of years I would
be thinking about switching.

As an aside Skys IPv6 appears to be working fine but they don't have an
IPv6 DNS service ATM so you need to use an external one like openDNS.

Glad you're happy with it. I've got an aversion to paying anything I can
avoid to the dirty digger. Who has caused far more damage to this country
than most realise.

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.