Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default OT The joys of BT

On 8/20/2016 10:03 AM, dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
Indeed they are. But they operate semi-autonomously, and you can speak
to someone with a Yorkshire accent in Sheffield rather than an Indian
accent in Bangalore!

If you really need a help line that often, find a more reliable service
provider.

I'm on Sky, the only time I have spoken to CS about the broadband was
when they called me to check it was OK after they had done an upgrade.

If I had to report faults more than once every couple of years I would
be thinking about switching.

As an aside Skys IPv6 appears to be working fine but they don't have an
IPv6 DNS service ATM so you need to use an external one like openDNS.

I get a line fault every couple of years, but that is with the copper.
Perhaps not helped by the fact that the incomer goes through a
neighbour's tree after leaving the pole. It was worse before FFTC,
because the tunnel from the exchange to this side of town used to flood
regularly.

Not really the fault of the ISP. Oh, and another +1 for Plusnet, for
excellent service and responsiveness.