Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Seven years of metalworking. I am humbled

John B. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 10:33:35 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com on Thu, 18 Aug
2016 18:31:47 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
Boris Mohar fired this volley in
:

https://youtu.be/KWe75FAM8AQ

Hmmm... I see a LOT of work there, but nothing that would 'humble'
even a dollar-wage mechanic. It's just a lot of work -- not a
thing that could be considered especially innovative, or requiring
special skills.

I am reminded of the time, the carb on my Toyota crapped out "for
the last time". Fortunately, I was close enough to a parts store to
be able to walk there and back, with a rebuild kit for the carb.
An hour or so later, I've got news papers spread out on the picnic
table in the side yard, and the carb half disassembled, when herself
comes home, takes a look at what I am doing, and says "I couldn't do
anything that complicated." To which I thought "Complicated? This,
I'm just taking it apart, placing the pieces in order - and I have
the drawing right here for reference."

For me, ex-VW mechanic, it was no big deal. For her, not knowing
any of it: "Wow, that's so complicated."

tschus
pyotr

I'm just wondering what sort of schedule, budget he had.
--
pyotr filipivich

On the other hand, can you cook a 5 course Christmas dinner for eight
and have the dishes all come out of the oven at just the right moment
to be served :-)

It's not that hard ...
--
Snag