Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Outdoor tabletop

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 22:08:06 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:10:03 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

I was given a high-end patio table and chair set; very well made!
However the glass top was broken. (that's why I got it)

What's the best way to replace the top. If I cut out a plywood 4'
ci9rcle, that will function but the weather will destroy it. Could it
be sealed to last for years? Or, should I use a different material?
The glass shop wants $125.

Corian or a disk of formica bonded to well sealed plywood. In your
neck of the woods...rain and snow are issues..the only sure
replacement that will last for years is Corian or glass. Id probably
go with Corian.

Yeah, but Corian that size would cost him $450.

--
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.