Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Odd lathe issue

Doug Miller wrote:

Many thanks to all who responded -- I now have multiple solutions
for the next time I'm in this situation. I'm a very experienced
woodworker, but I'm sure you all realize that I'm just a beginner
in the metal shop, and I learned a lot from reading your

Well, we pretty much guessed that, as this is actually a VERY common problem
in turning operations. Any time you are turning a tube, unless the wall is
REALLY thick, it will happen to some extent.

There are all sorts of ways to deal with it, up to even wire EDM.

Jon