Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Desktop computer question

Terry Coombs wrote:
Old is an Athlon X2 2.3 Ghz , new is a Phenom X4 1.8 Ghz . I use
Opera browser , and it has gotten to the point it takes 30 seconds to
a minute or more to load . I open with 3 tabs , weather.com ,
startpage.com , and ebay . Another thing that irritates is that I use
Ghostery anti-tracking software , and it disappears every time I
close the browser . Every other comp in the house is set up the same
, and that doesn't happen on any other . I'm about to the point of
just wiping this hdd and starting over except that I have stuff that
I can't save , like tax software that won't transfer .

Forgot to add that I have 3 Gb of RAM , dual channel DDR2 .
--
Snag