Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Desktop computer question

On 2016-08-19, HerHusband wrote:

I'm leaving the task manager open (minimized) and watching the cpu
usage, I frequently see it running over 70%, and maxed out pretty often.

70% Sheesh, that doesn't sound right.

But, it is. I often get both my CPU and RAM maxxed out by X Windows
and my browsers. 98%-100% is not unusual. This on an old P4 w/ .5G
RAM. The increased graphics resolution is responsible fer most of
it. That and jes old specs fer a 2002 Vaio that was originally made
fer XP.

Usta be this sucker was fast. Now, with increased graphics resolution
and all those client-side scripts (I've seen 40!), even with Linux,
gotta getta new box.

nb

With only .5 GB of RAM, no wonder. Terry has 8GB of RAM and with that
CPU and memory, the browser load on the CPU should be negligible.