Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Desktop computer question

On 2016-08-19, HerHusband wrote:

I'm leaving the task manager open (minimized) and watching the cpu
usage, I frequently see it running over 70%, and maxed out pretty often.

70% Sheesh, that doesn't sound right.

But, it is. I often get both my CPU and RAM maxxed out by X Windows
and my browsers. 98%-100% is not unusual. This on an old P4 w/ .5G
RAM. The increased graphics resolution is responsible fer most of
it. That and jes old specs fer a 2002 Vaio that was originally made
fer XP.

Usta be this sucker was fast. Now, with increased graphics resolution
and all those client-side scripts (I've seen 40!), even with Linux,
gotta getta new box.

nb