Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_6_] John B.[_6_] is offline

Default Outdoor tabletop

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 11:10:03 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

I was given a high-end patio table and chair set; very well made!
However the glass top was broken. (that's why I got it)

What's the best way to replace the top. If I cut out a plywood 4'
ci9rcle, that will function but the weather will destroy it. Could it
be sealed to last for years? Or, should I use a different material?
The glass shop wants $125.

No problem at all. A plywood circle, sealed with epoxy resin - several
coats. A coat or two of Epoxy High Build Primer, sand smooth and at
least two coats of a two part poly paint. Probably list your lifetime.
Shouldn't cost more than $500 - $700 :-)
--
cheers,

John B.