Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Outdoor tabletop

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
I was given a high-end patio table and chair set; very well made!
However the glass top was broken. (that's why I got it)

What's the best way to replace the top. If I cut out a plywood 4'
ci9rcle, that will function but the weather will destroy it. Could
it be sealed to last for years? Or, should I use a different
material? The glass shop wants $125.

In the 1980's I rebuilt my utility trailer with unpainted outdoor
plywood from HD, probably pressure-treated. The bed is rough from
hauling firewood and rocks but the toolbox is in fine condition, it's
merely turned grey.
--jsw