Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default OT The joys of BT

On 18/08/16 21:09, Capitol wrote:
Subsequent to Open Reach last Saturday concluding that I have a
semi shorted intermittent cable fault, I am receiving text messages from
BT India asking if my fault has gone away. There is of course, no way to
contact them easily. So I went through the 151 routine again and
explained to them what the problem was. It was a total waste of time ...

In the future try a cheaper telecoms provider like Talk-Talk. This will
reset your expectations and hence be less upsetting when the service
fails like this.

Some time back I visited a friend in Seville, Spain and he had broadband
connected in his villa. The telephone wiring outside was very untidy and
ADSL barely worked. I asked about the service provider, Telefonica, and
got laughed at. Seems not many Spaniards also hold that company's
workers in good stead, so they just "accept it".

Why not? Life is too short.

Mobile phones work, and for limited gigabytes per month, broadband use
of them is acceptable. A wired line is probably of necessary use if into
media streaming in a major way, otherwise not so.

--
Adrian C