Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT Good News forTNP

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:42:27 +0100
Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:02:26 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:49:36 +0100
"tim..." wrote:

She forgets to mention the cost of Hornsea 1 power, as agreed,
at £140 per megawatt-hr.

That was then...

But is still the price they will be paid. Unless it gets increased
to account for inflation.

The point is it's the agreed price for H1.

The agreed price for H2 could be anything

The assumption that it is the same as H1 is false.

Well I wouldn't say it could be anything, but H2 could well be a
little lower than H1. The Government has set strike prices for
offshore wind of £150 for 2016/17, £140 for 2017/18 and £135 for
2017/18. http://tinyurl.com/jpaezrq So I guess it depends on when the
contract with the generator begins, and there may be some negotiating
around those prices, I don't know, but I doubt the actual strike
prices agreed will deviate far from them.

What is the situation for the oft-quoted £95 for Hinckley? Is it the
price for now, to be adjusted, or the price whenever it finally goes
online?

--
Davey.