Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default OT - generating electricity on a bicycle

On 17/08/2016 08:18, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 08:02:32 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 16/08/2016 07:02, harry wrote:
On Monday, 15 August 2016 19:22:53 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 15/08/2016 17:58, harry wrote:
On Monday, 15 August 2016 14:01:41 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
The current is reversed as it passes under a brush turning it into AC.

No Harry .. thats switched reversed polarity DC...

Well, yes. AC is generally a sine wave. Be good to see how you achieve
that with a switch. Many inverters make a pretty poor job of producing a
sine wave. ;-)

AC can be any wave form.

Ah, so we are now saying DC is a special case of AC.

Indeed it can be regarded thus.
The frequency in this case is zero.

Why would it be alternating current is it never changes polarity? It
does however indicate poor your poor understanding of basic electrics.

It indicates your poor understanding of elementary maths.
I spent forty years working with electrical machinery.

Clearly you have forgotten all about your experiences.