Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Cutting a new window hole in a 4" thick conrete block wall - toolrecommendations?

On 8/17/2016 10:28 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 17/08/16 10:21, GB wrote:
On 16-Aug-16 6:58 PM, breeze wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2016 08:34:22 -0700, trancenotes1776 wrote:

so I'll be doing the outside using a ladder.

make sure your life insurance is up to date

Seriously you cannot use an angle grinder on a ladder
Unless you have at least three arms

Surely, a platform is not that expensive to hire? Apart from the weight
of a 9" angle grinder, it has quite a lot of gyroscopic force. You
really need both hands on the angle grinder.

Mate, a platform is not that expensive to BUY.

I bought one to do my guttering.

I found a three story commercial aluminium one on eBay for about £600,
it's about 6 foot by 4 foot but each bit including the three trapdoor
platforms is an easy lift, I can put it up to full height single handed
(I'm 67 and not particularly athletic). Easily justified in my case for
full repoint and repaint front and rear. Also makes me popular with the
neighbours.