john

Default Sony KV-27EXR25 just clicks, (STRS6301 to "A" or not to "A")

No! Different alltogether but you could
look for bad solder connections first.
Then trouble shoot the power sections.

kpi
"TKL" wrote in message
My set KV34MN11 also have same CLICKing problem, no screen & sound when
power on. Can i try the same solution? Pls help, thks in advance.

Lenny" wrote in message
om...
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'm ordering the A version today
and then I'll dive back in. Best regards, Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.

(Tim Marcus) wrote in message

. com...
TELEVISION
SONY
KV27EXR25
DEAD?CLICKING NOISE, B TOO HIGH
CHECK R673 4.7 FOR OPEN

TELEVISION
SONY
KV27EXR25
DEAD, CLICKS, SWITCHING XFMR HAS NO POWER OUT-BOARD G
REPLACE IC651 STRS6301, R656 560, Q611 2SC3311A

I have repaired several of these - first I swap out the str regulator,
which is almost always bad. Then take care of the cold joints. If that
does not do it one of these 2 tips probably will. best of luck - Tim

"Sofie" wrote in message

RonKZ650:

I think we will all be interested in your future posting with the

comparison
testing results.

"Running too hot" has NEVER been an issue with the $7 "generic" or

rather,
after market replacements I get from my jobber. 100% OK.

The markings on the replacement chips that I have always obtained

from
my
jobber @ $7 appear to be the same as the more expensive Sony

supplied
chips.... it looks to me like the SAME manufacturer and almost

definitely
NOT some cheapo Hong Kong, inferior, rip-off.with obvious cosmetic
challenges that we are all familiar with.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"RonKZ650" wrote in message
Yes, but is there a difference in the "Sony A" for $30 or the

"generic A"
for
$7? I'm going to find out next Sony I work on. The last 2 generics

replaced
were running over 160 degrees F. I think that's really too hot.

I'm
anxious to
compare the original Sony. Sony still sells both the STRS6301 and

6301A as
different part number.
Ron