Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Washing trainers

Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
David wrote:
My New Balance trainers say on the label that they shouldn't go in the
washing machine.

Does anyone have any logic to support this?

As far as I can see if you run through water or even just run in the rain
then they are going to get soaked; the label doesn't tell you to only go
out when it is dry and to stay away from puddles. :-)

So a cold or warm (30C) quick wash seems reasonable.

In my experience, machine washing running shoes with conventional
detergents does something to the midsole material which makes them stink of
cat pee (and I really mean *stink*) every time they get damp or sweaty
thereafter.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file